The First Person on Scene Intermediate qualification is clinically endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care (Edinburgh), the leading clinical body for pre-Hospital Care in the UK. The qualifications are valid for 3 years and periodic re-training is suggested in order to keep skills up to date.
The Edexcel Level 2 BTEC Award IHCD First Person on Scene (FPOS) qualification is available at a basic and intermediate level. It has been designed to equip learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to help a person in a life threatening situation.
This qualification has been developed with the NHS Ambulance Services and is clinically endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care. FPOS also meets the Security Industry Authority first aid requirements for Close Protection and can be delivered internationally.
Qualifications: Edexcel Level 2 Btec Award
Entry requirements: Direct Entry
Course length: Five day face-to-face course.
Areas covered include:
- Scene safety
- The Pre-Hospital Environment (including minimising the risk of infection)
- Patient assessment
- Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation
- Providing initial emergency patient care
- Being part of a medical response
- Respiration and Airway Management
- Circulation and Shock
- Trauma Related Emergencies
Cost: £495 + VAT
- Contact us for details